Monday, December 1, 2008

A View To A Kill


Round these here parts, in Central PA, the Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend is concluded by the First Day of Buck Season. Many business and schools will be closed today. I don't get it.

Never one who enjoyed killing for sport, I support a hunter's right to perform their hobby, so long as they use the meat they slaughter. Personally, I'd always believed no person of color in my area actually got up at the crack to go into them woods, especially trodding into Redneck country, but I was mistaken. My friend Rashawn's dad gets up every year and goes. Hmph. Learn something new.

Hunting seems so repugnant though. Yes, yes, yes, I know. It's a necessary evil; to thin out the herd from overpopulation. And God knows I wrap my lips on every other kind of meat out there (don't go there!) Still. I seems such a waste of life. Disrespectful to nature. Call me an animal rights activist, I suppose, but can't the deer population can weed itself out on their own?!? That's why Penn State's mascot is the Nittany Lion after all. Mountain lions used to be numberous round here, they hunted the deer! Now men settled in, encroached upon wild life's territory, and disturbed the delicate balance of things.

Just my opionion.

1 comment:

Prince Todd said...

Well, as someone who gives monthly donations to PETA you can pretty much rest assured where I stand on this issue.

I wonder how those hunters would like it if someone was hunting them as a recreational sport? It really sickens me. Atleast natural predators hunt for survival...
These "people" do it for the sole purpose of aquiring deer antlers.

Who would WANT to shoot a dear? They are the sweetest animals in the world. Even if I had to shoot one for food I would be conflicted.

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!