Tuesday, December 16, 2008

(Big) Bang! It's Christmas!

Usually, I can't stand Christmas episodes for Sitcoms, but last night's showing of Big Bang Theory was perhaps one of the best. Simply hilarious, insightful, educational, and tender, Big Bang Theory had me captivated from start to finish.

Michael Trucco, "Anders" from The Sci-Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica, made a guest appearance as a new colleague at the university. Didn't care much for him on Bang. Trucco didn't have the smooth flow like the others (Johnny Galecki and crew) have with one another. Trucco came off too smarmy...Just my opinion.

The whole episode, though, had me laughin' myself silly! Sheldon, Howard, and Rajesh bowling on Wii? OMG! Too funny. I hollered at Leonard's "man-crush" on Trucco's character, that is until the good ole handsome scientist horns in on Penny. And kudos to the writers of Big Bang Theory. Penny's scene drinking straight rum from an empty Egg Nog carton... brought back memories. Been there, done that many a Christmas Season!

Best still was Sheldon's diatribe on Saturnalia, Holiday gift-giving etiquette, and his near emotional breakdown at the response to his Christmas gift. Sheldon made the show and this my favorite episode to date. So overcome with emotion, Sheldon just doesn't know how to respond to his gift. It was very moving; yours truly got a little misty eyed! Such good acting and writing. By far, Big Bang Theory ranks in my Top 5 of Sitcoms. Thanks to Hester for introducing me to it.

If you haven't watched and wanna see the episode, meander over to CBS.com and view the rebroadcast.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!