Saturday, January 17, 2009

cry with me


"cry with me"

cry with me, please
come over, sit, and watch in silence
as i lament my lover i had to leave
my lover who swept me off my damn feet
when i wasnt even trying to fall
the one who stole my heart in an hour
who lit a candle and kissed my lips
who laid me down and loved my soul
and kept me warm with the heat of his flesh

my lover
who smiled and attempted to pronounce my name
who thanked me for being there
and played music of his homeland
who gave me his everything and stared me down
mesmerized by me being me, and i likewise him
and said again, thank you for coming here

cry with me again, please
cause i'm missing him again today
and i know we cried yesterday
but today is another day
and i'm missin' my man, again.


Now, I didn't write those beautiful words. The real author who did, granted permission to post it. When he sent me this, I swear tears started flowing. Coming from him, it was a deep, deep glimpse into his soul. Now my brother isn't heartless, but I know he's not as emotive as I am. He ain't on Love's conquest like I am. Yet these simple scrawled words sent touch a place in my understanding of him. I ain't about me, make no mistake. I know who it's about and my prayer is my friend can be reunited with his "le bel homme de Chocolat De Paris."

So what do you guys think of this poem? My buddy wants honest feedback. And while I'm no poet laureate myself, I thought it was well written. I'm curious what y'all thought too.

-Ian

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this was AWESOME, it grabbed from the start and didn't let go until the end...

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!