Monday, May 19, 2008

Tidbits



Some of you may be surprised to know there's a portrait of Malcolm X hanging above my desk. I get questioned about it frequently. "Why?"

I dunno. Maybe because I studied Malcolm X in college and learned to respect the man's point of view, all of them, and what he wanted to accomplish when his life was cut short. Some cannot forgive his radical extremes, but desperate times often call for desperate solutions. I don't support the "By Any Means Necessary" approach, just understand the thinking.

I won't make further analysis. I'm not the best person to ask about racial affairs. I'm sitting on the radical divide lately. My thoughts are sour as vinegar.

Tomorrow the primaries for Oregon and Kentucky will be held. It's already anticipated Clinton will take Kentucky while Obama takes Oregon. Keith Olbermann was commenting on Clinton quoting Carl Rove about she being the best candidate for president. Why the hell is Hillary listening to anything Carl Rove has to say? Dontcha think this is a ploy to get people to vote for her so McCain has an easier win in November? Please, Hillary, wake up!

There aren't too many primaries left. I think Hawaii and Puerto Rico are among them. Obama should do favorably in Hawaii since that's his home state, but the outlook for Puerto Rico is not so favorable. PR will probably, overwhelmingly, vote for Clinton come their turn. Why is this? Why is there such a divide? Why do Latinos not like Obama? I could get into all that, but I just don't have the patience.

Now, you know I love you, Puerto Rico, you're the "51st" state. Y'all know better! Come on! What did the Clintons ever do for Puerto Rico? Hm?

Speaking of Puerto Rico, it's hard to believe last year this time I was there. I loved PR. The beaches, the food, the rum, the culture....the MEN! Oh yeah. What a difference a year makes. I wish I was there now.

I'm tired. I'm calling it an early night.
DT

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!