Sunday, May 11, 2008

Billy Bean



Happy 44th Birthday to former professional MLB player Billy Bean!

Now I had to the chance to personally meet Billy a number of years ago, so this post is actually special. Billy was doing a tour promoting his book Going The Other Way. He spoke at a Pride event at a local school. Meeting him helped in ways I can't begin to recount. I was with innumerable issues: finally accepting my sexual nature, a failed marriage, falling in love again, racial strife, starting life all over again... on and on.

When Billy spoke, I felt as if I knew the struggles I was going through would get me to where I needed to be. Speaking to him after his lecture, he shook my hand, autographed my copy of his book, and gave some personal encouragement. I will never forget what he did.

Thanks Billy. If by chance you stumble on this post, please know what a great service you did that day. Have the Best Birthday my friend!

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!