Thursday, May 14, 2009
Honest, Honest Honesty!
I've been tagged by Wonder Man to give y'all some honest stuff about me. So here we go.
1. I still sleep with a "security" pillow I've had since I was 2years old. The casing has been through some changes, but the main stuffing inside is from 1972. And I take the damn thing with me everywhere, even when I go overseas!!!
2. I have a phobia about getting my hair cut! Until last 2 weeks ago, I had not cut my hair since 1998, with the exception to rid myself of split ends, I didn't cut it. I don't know why I have this, I just do. I'm terrified to cut my hair and get the shakes over it. In conjunction, through my lack of haircuts, I've developed a hair fetish. I love Men Of Color with Afrocentric hairstyles (braids, dreads, cornrows, plaits, etc.).
3. Before I quit smoking, I has a nasty habit of chewing gum and smoking cigarettes at the same time.
4. I sew the fly of my boxer shorts closed so my "junk" doesn't fall out. I've done this since freshman year of high school, when I exposed myself to friends in gym class. Thank goodness they were all guys. And no! None of were, you know...an item. LOL.
5. Coffee is my weakness. I can brew a pot, drink it, and still fall asleep. I can get enough of the stuff. Typically I enjoy flavored varieties, but as long as it has cream and equal, we're cool.
6. Like Wonder Man, I love comic books, especially the X-Men. But my first foray into the world of comics wasn't Marvel or DC, but Archie, Casper, Hot Stuff, and Richie Rich, Thankfully I gave away all that evidence years ago. I still occasionally read a few when my inner child needs attention.
7. Despite being the consummate class clown, always a "cut-up," I have a deep seeded fear of strangers, especially unknown heterosexual men. Probably goes back to my sexual abuse issues, but generally compensate by doing oddball antics to get folks to laugh instead of abuse me. Social situations can be tedious until I'm really relaxed, usually with some alcohol in my hand. I tend to shy away unless I'm comfortable. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not necessarily the life of the party. Oops, me thinks I confessed too much. Time to do something silly....LOL.
8. I put hot sauce on almost any and everything: grits, eggs, popcorn, cole slaw, fruit, you name it. If it's meant to be savory, then I break out the Texas Pete or Cayenne Pepper!
9. I abhor text messaging, even though I'm addicted to tweeting and Twitter.
10. I cry each and every time when I watch The Color Purple, Steel Magnolias, and Star Wars III: The Revenge of The Sith. It's true!
I'll probably think of 1,001 things I coulda said, but for now that's me. So peeps, what about you? I'd love to hear all your top ten thingies, but for now I'm gonna tag my brothers. Wonder Man you tagged me first, so I'm skipping you this go round. But beware bro, you just might get "splashed" in the near future! LOL. But you guys below:
My blogging brother, you've just been "tagged" by Darktomahawk!
DJ from Derrick's Window.
Toddy English from To My Friends With Love, Toddy English.
Corey from Corey@ I'll Keep You Posted.
David Dust from DAVID DUST
DJ from Derrick's Window
Gayte-Keeper from thegayte-keeper
Ray Avito from ENNUI
Aaron Douglas from MasculineCurves
Achilles from Achilles Heal
Thomas from Homo on the Loose
Jimmy from Black Visual Artist
Cocoa Rican from Not Shady, Just Fierce...
John Pierre from The Spirit Catches You
J Clarence from Paper Clips N' Potato Chips
Kevin from The Black Man Next Door
Curio from N2itall
Greg from Point & Shoot
While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.