Sunday, May 10, 2009

Goodbye Mr. Hooper...30 Yrs Later.



OK, so I'm trucking along on the Internet today when I stumbled across this little clip from Sesame Street. Now for those of you who were born after 1980, forget it. You probably don't remember any of these characters, except maybe Big Bird. Hell, I barely remember Bob, Luis, Maria, Gordon, and the rest of the gang...

I remember this episode so well. It remember it was a little controversial at the time because the actor who played Mr. Hooper had died in real life and the writers of the show, rather than replace him, decided to address the issue with the viewers. Must admit watching this again as an adult brought a little tear to my eye. The innocent of childhood lost, I suppose.

Ian's inquiry: What childhood show had a significant impact in transitioning you from childhood to the next stage in the game?

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!