Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Season

So Holy Week starts tomorrow. Hm, how do I feel about that? Not sure. Religion and I are having difference of opinions in my middle years. It's not that I believe, but God's chosen some times leave a bad taste in one's mouth. Ah, but there is a huge chasm between being faithful and being religious. I wish people would just be kind to one another, loving and forgiving. Is that too much to ask?

Why does it seem Easter is the lesser of the big two Christian holidays? Without Easter, Christmas becomes unimportant, just another day. I think because folks have not taken the message of forgiveness and redemption to heart is but one reason. If we tried to be forgiving, perhaps our big blue marble would be a happier Earth?

I don't have the answers, only questions. Maybe this week some will be answered, eh?

1 comment:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Good point, my blogger brother! BTW: Easter is May 5 in the Greek Orthodox Church. :)

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!