Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Let Us Walk Together"


Every now and again, I can find the inner poet and throw a few words together to make wonderful poem. Recently I was at a friend's house and saw a poem I'd written a number of years ago on prominent display.

The poem was a moment of beauty and creativity to celebrate my friend's birthday. I thought it was a nice sentiment, but never dreamed it would be something to proudly show the world. They cherished so much, its decked out in a picturesque frame. Wow! I'm touched!

I don't often share my poetry with others because its such meaningless drivel. I'm actually embarrassed by it. However, I'll make an exception in this case, and post what I wrote. Rereading it, the piece seems like a child's work, but there's heart and depth too. Well, it touched my often sour heart and made me smile. Here are the simple, uncomplicated words of a jubilant Darktomahawk rejoicing friendship.

Let Us Walk Together

My faithful friend through the years,

On this the anniversary of your birth,

Let us celebrate all that you are,
All that you give,

And all that your presence has blessed in our lives.


The smiles you give are of sunshine,

That hope that you give is like stillness of evening,

and with inspiration,

I write these words.


Cherished that the very thought,

That I am truly in awe of you,

And grateful that God has given me your friendship.

Each day that crosses your path,
May it be another demonstration of love.
May life continue to bless your steps,
Letting the Universe recognize that you are here,

With purpose,
With Destiny,

And with fulfillment.


You are the enlightenment and my treasure.


With the years behind and the days before us,

Let Us walk together,
You and I,

Friends and more than friends,
Knowing that you are my best friend,

and that I will always be here for you.

You were,

You are,

And Always shall be
,
My salvation from the gloom and misery.


And I am better off,

Enriched by your life.

With prosperous reasons,

I wish for thee,

Long lasting joy...


Oh bless thee My friend,
My Love
,
My Life...

Happiest of Birthdays!

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!