Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring is Just Around the Corner




Today and the last few days have been pretty pleasant weather wise here in Central Pennsylvania. Old Man Winter is attempting to leave us alone and let us welcome his sister season Spring.

On my birthday weekend, a friend of mine gave me a little herbal garden kit, knowing how much I like to plant fresh herbs come Springtime. After settling in from "oohing" and "ahhing" over my new washer and dryer, I broke out the herb kit, got everything ready, and have been watering the pot ever since. The instructions said to keep the soil damp, but not let the seeds rot.

I have to admit I was getting a little discouraged because sprouts were supposed to form within a few days. I put the herb pot in a window sill in my kitchen thinking that was the best place to get the most sunlight. Every afternoon I'd check on my labor of love only to walk away a little downtrodden and I was just about ready to shit-can the project and chalk up my losses. I'm not very patient with growing plants indoors. I'm used to growing things in a garden outside, but since living in an apartment, that isn't too much of an option.

Fate smiled today as came home, exhausted from work, and I happed to see several small specks of green in my herbal pot. Awwwight! Finally. The sprouts are just tiny little fragile blossoms, but nevertheless, still a sign Spring's mojo is starting. My herb pot came with Marjoram, Sweet Basil, Chives, Parsley, and Thyme. Ah, now only a couple of weeks till I get to sample my herbs in some culinary delight.

I love the Spring.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!