Saturday, June 7, 2008

50 Years of Prince


Wow! Brother hits the big 5-0 today! I don't know what weirder, Prince turning 50, or me admitting I've been a fan, literally, of his for 30 years!

I remember as a little boy having to sneak listening to his albums. Oh Prince was a nasty one back in the day. His albums Prince, For You, Dirty Mind, and Controversy, were all verboten in my mother's house! My father didn't much care what I listened to, but my mum wasn't havin' any of his "
nasty mess" in her home! I was forced to give my cousin Hawka a poster accompanying one of his records because he was nude in the shower on it.

That was too much for my mum to handle, poor thing. Me? I guess the poster was disturbing to me then. Now? Well, it's probably still disturbing. Prince one person I never remotely contemplated nude even though he was scantily clad in the late 70s and early 80s.

Today, I still have all those albums in their LP format! Three of 'em are unopened. Collectors items maybe? Now if I can only score an autograph his Royalness, I doubt it though. Prince was always been a bit "off."
I have to laugh! The Purple one has gone through his changes over the years. Despite that, no one can deny his authentic genius...


No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!