Wednesday, June 4, 2008

2,156


Glued to my television last night, text messaging as many friends as I could, I watched Obama achieve his goal of being the presumptive 2008 Democratic Presidential Nominee.

I'm grateful the Democratic Primary Season is, at long last, over. Depending who you ask, this political contest has either inspired more young people to get involved in politics or caused division within the Democratic party. As I said, I'm glad it's over. Or is it?

Watching Clinton's speech, she was defiant, as every political analyst from CNN to MSNBC pointed out, yet, I expected no less of Senator Clinton.

As this campaign proved to me, true to what's been said before, the Clintons will do anything, say anything, to accomplish their goals. (I won't touch Bill's potential damage to the Democratic Party's cause with his remarks against the Vanity Fair columnist, only state I feel President Clinton was well within his right to speak his frustration). Her refusal to give Obama credit where due was annoying. I mean, come on, he's the first African American Nominated Presidential Candidate in history. Instead, she made the speech all about her.

What's Clinton's motive? According to analysts, since she lost the Presidential nod, Hillary wants to be Barack's Vice President. Well, duh! I saw that months ago. She's not going to let go of this easily. Still, she should have spoken about Obama with kind words, praise, and congratulatory grace, even if she refused to concede.

Instead
, she was just a typical Clinton politician. I suspect Hillary maybe up to something. I'm surprised no one has suggested she may run on an Independent campaign. Turncoat Joe Liebermann did and won his seat on Capitol Hill. So, anything is possible at this point. Remember a person backed into a corner is often at their best.

Not sure if it was Andy Cooper or Keith Olbermann who questioned why Barack didn't highlight his historical feat. Seems rather obvious to me, no? With all the talk that Obama can't connect with white working middle class and women, any recognition as the first African American chosen Presidential nominee, of either party, might have given people more reason not to like the Senator.

One of my own friends included in this demographic, a strong Clinton supporter, feels Obama is arrogant and vows to vote for McCain come November. My brother-in-law, who is Puerto Rican, has also said as much. Barack will have his work bringing women and the Hispanic community over, like Clarissa and Emilio, but it can be done.

Does Barack need Hillary as his running mate to bring people around? I'm not sure. I agree with CNN analyst and Super Delegate Donna Brazile (please declare your allegiance) Senator Obama shouldn't be pressured into choosing her.

Oh. One more thing. Did anyone notice how John McCain eerily resembled the creepy preacher from the Poltergeist movies, who ironically, was named Cain? When he smiled during his speech, I kept thinking of the character yelling at Craig T. Nelson "You're gonna die in there!"

Too spooky.
No disrespect intended to Senator McCain. I half toyed with the notion of voting for him had Obama lost to Clinton. So don't take umbrage at my comment.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!