Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Idol, Galactica, Baseball & Racer X!

Giving into pure boredom, I watched TV most of the day. I feel the rot and decay setting in on my brain. I watched three episodes of Family Guy alone, in addition to American Idol, Top Chef, and a host of life trauma shows on Discovery Health Channel. What the frak is wrong with me?!?!?! (noticed I slid "frak" in there? Yes my fellow Battlestar Galactica fans, season four is here in less than 48 hours!!!!)

Query? Does television ruin the mind? Um... sure. Yeah, uh-huh. Right. Uncertain? Well I'm finding it difficult to come up with a decent post right now so that's proof enough. I should have watched baseball or something besides Reality TV garbage all night long, but I couldn't bear to watch the Phillies get spanked again like they did Monday, Opening Day no less, losing 11-6 to the Washington Nationals. The Nationals? The Nationals!!! C'mon Philly! How undignified. They're the former Montréal Expos for Pete's Sake! Merde! What the frak is wrong with you!??!

Now before I offend any of my neighbors to the North, let me go on record I'm not ripping on Canada. Absolutely NOT! There's a quality to Canada I find lacking in the States these day. I love my Canadian brethren, especially a certain someone who took my breath (among other things) away. Yes, the city of Toronto and my friend, let's call him Racer X, have a special place in my heart. I keep in contact with Racer X frequently and look forward to venturing across the border to see him later this year. Mmmm. Oh Canada, indeed!

As for Montréal? Je suis parti un morceau de mon coeur dans Montréal. C'était un les plus beaux endroits historiquement riche que je jamais ai visité. Je l'aime là-bas!

So how about American Idol? I was glad they finally got it right this week voting off Romiele. Ugh! Girl had to go!. Unlike Hester, though, I didn't think this week was as bad she. Mostly, I enjoyed everyone except for Romiele. Hester and I disagreed on just about everyone's performances: Syesha Mercado, David Archuleta, Brook White, Jason Castro, David Cook....er'rybody!

I liked Syesha Mercado's rendition of "I Will Always Love You." Hester hated it! I was skeptical for Syesha, though, because I knew there'd be the Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton comparison. I hated Jason Castro because I think he sounded the same as he always does. Hester thought he showed a different side. Hester and I were polar opposites with our opinions this week, but that's cool. We're still friends. Hey Hester:

"AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUU!"

Ohmigod! That frakkin' song. It was at its pinnacle when we were in college. Though it has a bad association with another He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I still love it all these years later. Not Napoleon but an individual who dogged us both back in the day. (Any guesses Queenie? Hey Edith. Bring me a beer, huh!)

As Hester pointed out at the Bitches Council, she's not into the Country Music scene. For the most part, neither am I. Over the years, I've conditioned myself to tolerate it, but it's never been a favored genre. Certain performers resonate with me. Not so much for their singing ability, but more for their looks. Performers like Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, and Shania Twain earned my listening ear. Like I said, I'm not like rushing out to purchase any of their CDs or anything, but all three are frakkin' sexy! Yes I said all three. There's something sultry and sassy about Shania; spins a couple wheels! I fell in love with her the first time I heard her utter "From This Moment." Damn! That video is my style.

As for Tim McGraw? Ha! Tim can teach me to Live Like I was Dyin' any day! Umm, just kidding, Faith. Don't kick my ass like you did that ho' for grabbin Tim's crotch! OK, maybe a little ass whuppin' won't hurt, heh, heh.

Ian is just twisted tonight. Relax. Relate. Release....There much better now. Now that I've officially embarrassed myself, I suppose I have to turn in my African American card carryin' status, huh? Lighten up people. Those who know me, know I have an unusual sense of humor. Frak it all!

Sorry. Way too many inside jokes for this post tonight. Too many "frak" references. (Did I mention Battlestar Galactica is back THIS Friday?!?! I've only been waiting a year to find out who the final fifth FRAKKIN' Cylon is. That's all!) Some of you will get them. Some won't. There are many of my friends who read the blog now. They definitely pick up on the inside humor. Hester tells me she sent our blog links to a good friend I haven't talked to in a while, newly dubbed "Sandman." (Wha' up B! Sandman! Yo Brutha! E-mail me!)

So that's it for now. I have physical therapy bright and early in the morning so I need to get my arse to bed pronto. Blog with ya tomorrow folks.

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it."
DT

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!