Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Concern


A few months ago I posted the picture to the right of Hill Harper wearing a Barack the Vote t-shirt. Photogreg loved the shirt (and Hill Harper) so much he ran out and got one for himself.

Not until recently did I know Hill Harper and Barack Obama are actually close associates. Found that out from watching the CNN special on Barack last weekend. Small world.

So, Barack is under fire for his "lipstick on a pig" comment? Sigh. More subterfuge! Everything and anything Senator Obama saying is being taken out of context and being used against him. I'm sure he in no way inferred the statement about Ms. Palin. However, it's enough controversy for the news media to jump all over the story and further stir the pot.

Sarah Palin agitates me for a number of reasons. She comes off as very sanctimonious and a bit of a religious zealot at that. I've been reading about her beliefs, some of which are very disturbing. Neither she or McCain are supporters of gay rights or equality.

Is there anyone within the LGBT community going to vote for a McCain-Palin ticket? I imagine there are a handful, but I implore those voting for McCain to know the issues. Know what they're bargaining for...no gay marriage, an attempt to undo Roe v. Wade, no gay adoption, further involvement in war... yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't trust John McCain or Sarah Palin. For those looking for a Hillary substitute in Sarah Palin, you're barking up the wrong tree. Senator Clinton is far removed from Governor Palin. I'm sure Palin relishes her gun-toting, anti-feminist, anti-homosexual, anti-religious diversity, right wing conservative politician status.

Palin has too many skeletons in her closet for my tastes.

More than a few folks in my circle are worried about Barack's chances gaining the election in November. While it's a concern for me, I've also told myself that McCain is going to win, so if Barack loses, then it won't be so much of a let down. However, I have faith. I've prayed the best candidate will win and hopefully that's Barack H. Obama. Regardless who wins, history will be made. And who knows? If the old guard gets the Oval Office, maybe McCain will enact on his new found "change" message.

One can only hope a McCain Administration won't take our country back to a time where gay men and women go running back into the closet, where women are getting back alley abortions, and other faiths have to worship in secret... Palin belongs to a Christian denomination who's key tenet is everyone of the world SHOULD BE Christian. As a Christian, I believe it's important to spread the Gospel, however, religious freedom is a fundamental right at the foundation of United States ideology. No one should be forced to accept Christianity.

McCain as President scares me. Palin as Vice President and a heartbeat away from the Presidency terrifies me!

1 comment:

Prince Todd said...

I feel the same way that you do. In fact, I'm writing about it as we speak.

Whatever the outcome of this election I'm going to be peace. I'm not going to fall over and cry like four years ago.

But chile I will defect to Mexico if by freak accident Palin becomes president. You will witness the fall of civilization as we know it.

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!