Friday, September 19, 2008

Just Because He's Black....

I caught a glimpse of McCain on CNN giving a speech blaming everything and anything currently wrong in the US due to Barack Obama.

"What an old, out-of-touch bastard," I thought to myself. Listening to his nasally voice whine how he'll do this so much better or do that so much more efficiently, I was disgusted.

McCain blatantly lied how Obama would increase taxes, worsen the economy, cause further unemployment, etc, etc, etc. I couldn't listen.

With 46 days left until the Presidential Election, my patience is wearing thin. The sad thing is I'm pretty convinced people are going to elect McCain as the next president. I'm losing hope! In addition, CNN also recently aired one McCain supporter sentiments about Senator Obama, "Well I could see myself voting for no colored man. What do they know about change? The only change they know about is the one in their cup."

Isn't that nice? Well if some folks are gonna vote for McCain because he's white, he's a reason to vote for Barack Obama, just because he's black....

Just Because He's Black.

A white man asked his black friend, "Are you voting for Barack Obama just because he's black?"

The black man responded by saying, "Why not? Hell, in this country men are pulled over everyday just cause they're black; passed over for promotions just cause they're black; considered to be criminals just cause they're black; and there are going to be thousands of you who won't be voting for him just because he's black! However, you do not seem to have a problem with that!

This country was built with the sweat and whip off the black slaves' back, and now a relative of those same slaves has a chance to lead the same country, where we weren't even considered to be people, where we weren't allowed to be educated, drink from the same water fountains, eat in the same restaurants, or even vote.

So yes! I'm going to vote for him!

But it's not just because he's black, but because he is hope, he is change, and he now allows me to understand when my grandson says that he wants to be president when he grows up,it is not a but a short term goal. He now sees, understands and knows that he can achieve, withstand and do ANYTHING just because he's black!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let the Republican propaganda machine get to you buddy. Keep that hope alive! Here's a good website to check the latest look at the electoral votes based on a compliation of polls, and regularly updated. www.electoral-vote.com If the election were today, based on this poll, we'd have the 270 to win!

Anonymous said...

You're loosing hope? WTF!!
What the hell kinda statment is that? Bruh, you gotta do better than that. This is one place I absolutely do not expect to see statements like that. There's folks everywhere who don't get polled, don't do CNN polls, and aint nobody askn who they're voting for.
You betta reckognize. It's gone be on in November.

real

Prince Todd said...

Actually, my hopes are high. Yes me the perpetual optimist...lol. But I really believe Obama is going to win!

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!