Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Male


In every man's life, he comes to a crossroad where its imperative to decide where he's going with his journey. What do you really want to do with your time here? For me, I'm finding my wings in blogging. I'm not the greatest writer, but I've got a story to impart. Time to focus on what the Creator has relayed to me. Time, in this man's quest, to grow up.

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways..."

Thus, a new blog, simply called Male, began. Male will approach issues from a more mature angle than I've done with either the Axe or Chocolate Salsa. Here, I can continue to expound on self-interests and silliness. Likely, on Chocolate Salsa, I can continue to showcase my wonderful masculine images of men of color.

Male
takes on 39-year-old (We're down to 3 weeks folks!) Ian. Not in a curmudgeonly expression, but with redeeming value and wisdom on social awareness issues on what it means, in my point of view, to be a man. Corey gave me the greatest motivation speech earlier today...

"...{move} into a more inspirational zone with social commentary because it's where we ARE right now. WE as a people. WE as a country. WE as LBGT folk of color. It's WHERE we are. Something WONDERFUL has crept through all the crap and a lot of us are grabbing at all the positivity we can. DO IT as only YOU can DO IT!"

True that. And so I shall. I'm also looking for a few co-authors, folks willing to contribute er'ry now and again, without detracting from your own projects. How I'm conceptualizing this blog is along the lines part GBM website, part Gayte-Keeper's blog, part sexiness like Aaron's Masculine Curves, part social commentary like Darian's blog, and occasional sports, politics, and entertainment, like Rod's Rod 2.0. Just to name a few...It's gonna be a whole lotta something.

Ian's Point: This "something" is the universal testimony that binds us all together. Aspects of male life, regardless of creed, language, color, race, faith, or sexuality, we all know and experience as it affects all us brethren. If you got the "equipment," at some point, some words on Male will pose significance for you...

Check out the introduction post here.
-Ian

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!