Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Work. Let Go. Release,

In a few weeks folks will make New Year's resolutions to lose extra pounds, trim the flab, and git physically fit. Hmph. Some will accomplish that goal and others will quickly fall away. For myself, I've been struggling with the path for the latter half of 2011 and I intend to struggle further still into 2012... *sigh* It's a daunting task.

I believe I once heard that Michelangelo felt his sculpture always existed underneath the marble, he only needed to chip away the excess to release the inner masterpiece. As with me, there is an inner beautiful person underneath the mass, I only need to undo a lifetime of bad habits to unveil my true self. Some days I feel good about it. Other days, I really want to abandon the effort and wallow in misery. I created this mess. How the hell do I get out???

I'm keeping up the optimism though. To be cliche, where there is a will, there most certainly is a way, right? Learning to love the body I'm in is a start. I don't have to love everything about it, just accept circumstances for what they were, and then make the change.

I'm holding my head up today. That's what I'm doing...

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!