Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Mirror

I was surfing through blogs not long ago when a came across this post from Mike In Bama's sit about folks and their relationship with mirrors. I was like, "cool." because I hate mirrors. ALWAYS have. I'm reposting Mike's original blog and the link below. I take no credit for his work...



I have a mirror phobia... I don't look in the mirror very often.

If you're under 45 years old, take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Not because we want you to think about your life and where it's going or anything. Just because we want you to squeeze in some good mirror sessions while you still enjoy them. According to a new survey out of England, age 45 is the turning point when people stop wanting to look at themselves in the mirror. The survey found that's when people look in the mirror and can't avoid thinking about how they've aged.

In the survey, 51% of people 18 to 24 say they look in the mirror at least 10 times a day.

From ages 25 to 34, that drops to 44% of people.

From ages 35 to 44, that drops to 33% of people.

And after age 45, only 9.4% of people look in the mirror that often. More than a quarter of people over 45 take it even further and say they try to never look in the mirror.

The survey also found that women are almost three times more likely to be concerned with aging than men. 32% of young women surveyed said they're dreading getting older versus 12% of young men.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!