Monday, November 3, 2008

On The Eve Of Hope


One more day. Just one more day until history will be made. Whether we have our first African American President or first female Vice President, history will be made. The feeling reminds me of how I felt as a child waiting for Christmas Day. Are you ready? Never did I think twenty years ago when I voted for the first time did I think in my lifetime there'd be a possible candidate for President.

Now, y'all know I'm voting for Barack. There's no question about that. And while I don't think tomorrow is gonna be an Obama landslide victory, I do believe he'll win. At this point, my biggest concern my home state, Pennsylvania, will be listed in "red" column this election. Typically, PA is a "blue" state, thanks to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh who usually carry the state Democratic, but there are too many communities in-between strongly Republican. Pennsylvania has large pockets of conservative that would never vote for a black man for any elected office. PA has just as much racial tension as any place in the South. Hmm.

Pennsylvania didn't have early voting, so I'm not sure what voting lines will look like at the Polling stations. I hope people will be patient and not give up. Cast your vote! Make your impact on history. What else have ya got to do?!? My personal plan is be there at 6:00 AM. Even though I live down the street from where I vote, how many other people are thinking to be there just as early? How many folks are gonna try to be there before work? With the exception of physical therapy, I have all day to vote. Still, I'm not taking any chances.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!