Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow


"Well the weather outside is frightful, but inside the fire's delightful."

Maybe not so delightful inside either. Still haven't turned on the heat and I'm cold as Nanook of the North! I'm running around the house wearing extra sweaters, blankets, and putting on the space heaters. Whatever it takes. Gotta save cash!

The heat in the house ain't going on until absolutely necessary. At 53 degrees in the house, it's bitter. Desperate times call for desperate measures. What doesn't help is the white stuff came fallin' over night. The first snow for 2008. I knew it was coming. Was standing outside the other day, and as the old folks used to say, I could smell it in the air. Days later, here it is. Gonna be a bitter Winter this year.

Snow, when you're a child, is fun and exciting. When you're an adult? It's a major pain in the ass, and not the good kind either! All snow does is complicate driving conditions. Folks are damn careless. They drive like it ain't nothing but a thing, like it's normal weather conditions. Is y'all crazy! They'll drive your ass off the road too for going too slow or being cautious. Yes, these country bamas will speed, cut you off, run traffic lights, and still be on their cell phones! Hell, folk don't even bother to put their headlights on! Just accidents waiting to happen.

Fortunately, I don't have to leave out here until late morning. Most commuters should be at work, so I'll avoid the mornin' madness. Thank God when return to the homestead tonight there'll be a hot meal waiting. Last night I quickly prepped a crock of chilli and put it in the crock pot. I'm mixed up a batch of cornbread, so that only need go in the oven for 20 minutes or so, and it's on.

For now though? Time to clean off the car. Sheesh! I'm soooooo not ready for this season.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!