Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Meme By Any Other Name


Thanks to Aaron over at MasculineCurves for this Meme! Check out his blog: www.masculinecurves.typepad.com

1. Does someone love you?
It depends on the context. I have friends and family that love me, yes. Romantic-wise? Actually, yes, there is a suitor or two, I'm just not interested in them.

2. Do you know anyone named Dave? Yeah, I know a few Daves and most them are a little creepy or strange, LOL.

3. Ever kiss someone with a name starting with a J? I had to think about this a moment. Yeah, I have a loooooooooooong time ago. It was rather platonic though.

4. Has anyone ever mistaken you for a family member? The older I get, the more I take on my father's mannerisms and sound like him. I'm not entirely sure if that's positive or negative. It's one of those "to be determined" situations.

5. What color are the walls in your parents bedroom? I have no clue. I rarely go home anymore so I couldn't tell you. My parents are a little boring though, so probably white, I'm guessing.

6. Do you think hair extensions look skanky? No. Whatever you need to boost your self-esteem, to make yourself feel better, well s'OK by me. Quite a few people I know have 'em, women and men!

7. Are you named after a grandparent? Yes and no. All the first born sons on my father's side of the family have a name starting with the same letter, but the same middle name, passing back from father to son to grandson. For example Isaiah Andrew (Pop-pop), Issac Andrew (Pop), Ian Andrew (me)...you get the picture. It goes back at least five generations, probably ending with me since I have no children.

8. Say you were given a drug test right now. Would you pass or fail? I would pass like a muthafucka! LOL. Is that good or bad????

9. Are you taller than 5'6"? Yes'm. I'm 5'9".

10. Do you know anyone in jail/prison? At least three people (for various reasons and misdemeanors).

11. Ever see a dead body? Yes and I see dead people too.

12. Do you like the color green? It's my favorite color!

13. What is your best friend's dad's name? Earl, Peter, Tom, and Kenneth (I have four bestest friends evah! Theirs dad's names are in no particular order).

14. How old are you? 37.

15. Who was the last person to send you a text message?Tamodi.

16. Ever drive into the hood to buy drugs? Hell no! Well not for myself, anyway. I took someone there unknowingly and had a conniption when I found out later.

17. Last restaurant you went to? Shab Pita Stroller, a Middle Eastern food joint.

18. What was the weather like today? It's a crisp November day. A little chilly, but bright and sunny.

19. Last voice mail you received? From Lady Miss T making sure I give her woof-hound attention.

20. What did you do yesterday? Worked, drove in the wet and damp to pet-sit, watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, then went to bed. Oh how boring for a Friday night!!!

21. What's the first thing you'd do with five million dollars? Quit my job, go out to dinner, then hire a decent accountant in that order! I'd actually help many people I know who're struggling, but I'd take care of home first.

22. What nationalities are you? People assume African American people are just black and are oblivious to our heritage. No so! In my family gene pool there's Native American on both maternal and paternal sides, Irish on my mother's side, and Cuban/Hispanic on my father's side. The rest is tempered with glorious roots from Mother Africa. From there I couldn't tell you, although my friend Zende from Ghana says I look Nigerian. I think Zende's crazy!

23. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? I went to bed right after Avatar, which was 9 o'clock EST and got up today around 8:30. So I guess close to 12 hours.

24. Any upcoming concerts you want to attend? None that I can think of. I've been itching to go see the play Wicked or Take Me Out, which is coming to my area this spring. I haven't been to a concert in years....

25. Who's the last person that you felt was stalking you? Professor Franklin, a guy I have yet to hook up with (and he would move Heaven and Earth to get in my pants). Seems weird somebody out there wants me that badly, but sorry Frankie, I'm not interested. At least not interested in him sexually, only as friends.

26. Were you ever on your school's track team? No. The only two sports I participated in were soccer and wrestling (rasslin'), both which, were restricted to freshman year of high school.

27. What jewelry are you wearing? My thumb ring, a hemp necklace with a silver cross, and a beaded hemp necklace with ivory carved native figures a friend made for me.

28. If all your friends were going on a road trip, would you? Absolutely.

29. How much money do you have? For a change, I actually have cash in my pocket, about $14 plus a hand full of change I grabbed for the vending machine at work yesterday.

30. Do you swear at your parents? My family is multiethnic, but we ain't WHITE!Shiiiit! my black ass would be "knocked in da middle uh next ye'r" if I EVER swore at my parents!!!! Too many of my white friends swear at their parents. i swear in front of mine though.

31. Is your phone right beside you? Reachable, in my pants pocket.

32. Have you cried today? Yes, but only because the wind was whipping me in the face while I was standing outside smoking.

33. Do you think that someone is thinking about you right now? Again, depends. Romantically or platonic-wise? However, I think I'd say yes in either scenario.

34. Do you untie your shoes every time you take them off? No, usually I just kick them off with the other foot.

35. What is the color of your bed sheets? I have my dark green flannel sheets on for the winter months since the weather has gotten chilly.

36. Have you ever crawled through a window? Yes, most recently, sneaking out of Napoleon's house at 3 in the morning after I had supposedly left hours ago.

37. Are you photogenic? Eek! No, I don't think so.

38. What's your sign? Pisces.

39. Where do you spend most of your money? Borders Bookstore.

40. What was the last thing you did? Feed the dog and cats.

41. Do you have a tattoo? Uh pain, people, hell no!!!

42. Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday mornings? There's a Saturday morning?!?! I still watch cartoons though.

43. Is there a secret you've never told any of your friends? Yes. Some things are written in this blog, but believe me I have plenty more well-kept secrets. Nothing bad, just embarrassing stuff that'll eventually work its way out in the open. Like the answer to question three.

44. Have you ever told someone you loved them, and didn't mean it? No. Love is too serious an emotion to play with. When I say it, I mean it. I don't casually throw out those words.

45. Have you ever changed your clothes while in a vehicle? Probably, with great difficulty.

46. What are you doing in 2008? More than likely the same things I did in 2007.

47. What is your ringtone? Depends on who's calling me. I have several ringtones.

48. What were you doing at 2 a.m. last night? Sleeping.

49. Are your parents married, divorced, or separated? My mother remarried 25 years ago and my father, who passed away 10 years ago, had been in a long term committed relationship.

50. What are you doing tonight? Probably blogging or on the Internet.

51. What are you doing tomorrow? Relaxing, going home after pet-sitting all weekend long.

52. Who did you last message on MySpace? I can't even begin to tell you. I haven't been on my My Space page in a few weeks.

53. What's your opinion about sex without emotional commitment? Personally, the older I get, the more important it is to have an emotional connection with the person I'm sleeping with. I did the hormonal thing in my 20s. Sex without emotional commitment seems stale and tepid now. I'm not knocking it for those who do it, we all need a good shag every now and again, but I want romance, connection, and love with my good-lovin'.

54. Does it annoy you when someone says they'll call, but never do? Not really because there are times when I'm really hoping they don't call. I do it occasionally myself. No disrespect to anyone, but sometimes you just want to be left alone, especially after a long day at work. But keep calling. If I don't wanna talk, I'll let it go to voice mail.

55. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween? Halloween was never big in my family and I only remember a few times I dressed up. The first vivid memory is dressing up as a clown in first or second grade.

56. Favorite Disney movie? That's a tough one. I can narrow it down to my top three: Aladdin, Hercules, and Home On The Range.

57. What is the wallpaper on your cellphone? T-Mobile's default option.

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!