Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks


Despite my better judgment, I spent Thanksgiving Eve out at the bars last night with Queen Hester and Napoleon. I won't rehash the activities, let's just put it that it was an interesting evening. Definitely'll save that experience for another post.

I'm tired today, but am looking forward to stuffing my face later....

Today's post will be simple. I give thanks for God first and foremost. I give thanks for God in all His benevolence that keeps me out of harms way, despite my tirades and tantrums, and knows me better than I know myself. I give thanks to my family, friends, loved ones, even my not so loved ones, for being there in the good, the bad, and the difficult times. I give thanks to being free. I give thanks for another day of life, no matter how challenging, I at least woke up this morning. I give thanks to renewed hope.

I give thanks to all the crazy queer bitches, who drive me insane when I go to bars! I give thanks to all the sexy men and women who visually stimulate my senses!I give thanks for the give of sight. Oh I give thanks for so many men! My ebony fine brothers. My vanilla soul brothers. My suave and savvy Latino brothers....mm, mm, mmmmmm good, brothers all.

Thanks to men who put just a little more pep in my step... Apolo Anton Ohno, Amare Stoudemire, Reggie Bush, Wentworth Miller, James Blake, Amir Khan, Michael Pittman, Brian J. White, Randy Wolf, Jason Varitek, LJ Smith, James Thrash, Derek Jeter, Darryl Stephens, Eric Balfour, David Bromstad, Naveen Andrews, Shemar Moore, Keith Hamilton Cobb, Boris Kodjoe, Chris Daughtry, Mario Lopez, Micheal Phelps, Lenny Kravitz, Vin Diesel, Will Demps, Seneca Wallace, David Boreanaz, Cuba Gooding Jr, Matthew St. Patrick, Micheal Ealy, Taye Diggs, Daniel Sunjata...oh the list could go on and on.

I give so much more thanks for the beautiful sistahs. The perfect and imperfect divas. The strong women in my life who carried me when I could not walk. The bold and powerful courageous women, white, black, Latina, Asian, Indian, European, Multi-ethnic, women who knew where to direct this pour soul caught in the crossfire between heterosexuality, homosexuality, masculinity, and femininity. The guiding hands of the old, the young, the adopted sisters, mothers, and grandmothers. I love you all!

I give thanks to my cats, my companions through the lonely tough days when I feel utterly alone, they are there to keep joy and perspective in my heart. I give thanks for being an American, though home is imperfect, often corrupted, unjust, unequal, and misguided, that I am free to state these things and not threatened by my mere existence as minority on the varying levels and stratospheres. I give thanks that my belly will be full, not once, not twice, not even thrice times today, but that food is always accessible. I give thanks though my health may be declining, my body aging, my vision a little less stronger, I am still able to go able daily life without much struggle.

Lastly, I give thanks to you, whoever you maybe, who reads this drivel and keep coming back to hear about my less than ideal life. I hope your day is filled with the joy of the season!

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!