Friday, July 17, 2009

Gripe

It's Friday morning. Yippy fucking skippy. Naw, don't let me front and try to be all ecstatic about things...yes indeed, your boy is in a grumpy mood. Again. Just trying to sort things out in my head right now. I'm gonna do a post over on M.A.L.E. latter talking about lessons in manhood. Obviously I missed a few classes back in the day cause I let too much dumb shit bother me, when you know it is beyond my fucking control. I sense deep seeded issues are boiling to the surface.

In a moment og complete envy, I would give my right nutt to be like most of you guys who will read this and say I wish I could give to shits about the need or approval for others. Just be cold and distanct like the rest of my gender and just distance myself from any sense of closeness and compassion. Again, I missed a lesson somewhere. Don't mind me. I ain't trying to be rude. Actually that was a compliment. But you're seeing my fucking Achillies' heal.

Why is it men are the way we are? Huh? Really. Somebody give me an answer or a dollar so I can buy a fucking clue...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe you're asking why are men cold? I don't know why some men are and I don't think I'd venture to give that attribute to only men. I've been accused of being cold, selfish and even feared for being so ready to cut folks to the quick and yet I always feel like I wear my feelings on my sleeve. All said, it boils down to how much of your power you're willing to give up and how much vunerability you're willing to show. I say don't fight the feeling to be you and hang out with men who can appreciate you. :(

Unknown said...

TO ANSWER THAT I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH EACH MAN ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASES...THOUGH THERE ARE SOMETHINGS THAT ARE SIMILAR IN EACH OF US THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENCES...BUT I KNOW DON'T WANNA HEAR THIS, BUT YOU YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD & TAKE YOURSELF TO THE NEXT LEVEL...

Prince Todd said...

Myself, I do care about what people think about me and how I'm percieved. However, when I find myself caring too much I ask two questions...
1.) Will my caring alter their perceptions?
2.) Will my caring about their negative thoughts (in regards to me)help me in any capacity?

The answer is usually NO to both questions. So, when that is taken into account I move on. I've realized, quite recently, it is not my job to make other people happy. I have to be happy with myself first and foremost, and that means not allowing people that kind of sway over my self concept.

Myself, I'm a Steel Magnolia. Yes, I consider myself as a kind, open, and warm person. Yet, in order to protect my own emotional well being and stability I've learned to politely tell people, "No, I do not feel comfortable with that..." and walk away.

They get over it.

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!