Thursday, January 4, 2007

Thank You George Takei!


Long before he was "Out," I had met George Takei back in my freshman year of college at a Star Trek Convention. Now everybody who knows me is aware I have a little bit of a sci-fi geek living inside of me. Meeting "Mr. Sulu" was an awesome experience. He is humble,candid, and one the nicest celebrities I've had the pleasure of meeting (I've met more than a few well known celebs, but those encounters are topics for other posts).

Of the gay celebrities that have made a personal impact on my life, George Takei and Billy Bean came to mind (I also had the pleasure of meeting Billy Bean a few years ago at Penn State for LGBT event on campus. In addition to being a science fiction fan, I also am an avid baseball lover. More about Billy later). It's been a few months since Mr. Takei publicly announced his sexuality, but nevertheless, I'm grateful for his courageous disclosure. While I'm not Asian-American, I am a gay African-American man. With so few "Out" gay minority men, he's an inspiration to me to always be proud of who I am. So this post is just a little shout out of thanks for showing that there are gays in space! "Live Long and Prosper!"

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!