Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th Celebration


Happy Independence Day! No matter what may be wrong with this country, I'm grateful for the extended freedoms I do have, which sometimes I do take for granted, others do not. Yes, we may be cocky at times, but this is my home....just never forget what being an American represents, not the negativity, not the opposing convictions over the Iraq War, not Democrats or Republicans, not gay or straight, not conservatives
nor liberals, not Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, nor the poor or the wealthy, but ONE PEOPLE UNITED under the auspices that ALL people are created equal and have the freedom of choice to live independently in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness!

And a special thank you to the indigenous people of my homeland, the Native Americans, the Indian Nations, who long before any European or African set foot on this continent, respected the land and kept pure and sacred. My Indian brethren often get lost in the shuffle, but you are not forgotten. I have some Indian Heritage in my family, not much, but some. I speak with pride when I say thank you...

Happy Fourth Of July to ALL Americans, both home and abroad!

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American

----Lee Greenwood

No comments:

Disclaimer

While this blog is not really intended to show adult content, I can't guarantee that an occasional image of male nudity won't appear. Be advised that this blog is intended to be read by people with an open mind. I don't claim any rights to the images nor do I have any knowledge of the sexuality of persons featured (unless they are openly gay...duh). Enjoy yourself and take a small step in my every day life and pondering... Feel free to email any comments or opinions.

President Barack Obama!