Sunday, July 31, 2011
Dance before the moon until he wanes. Watch the darkness ebb away and all that was past become distant. Transition sometimes can be gracewful and easy. As we walked together, I have learned. As we joked together, I have learnedm as I cried I have learned. As you have shared, I have listened.
Dawn has come. A new day. Like Shirley sang," time to go our separate ways." There's work to be done. Now the road is just that much clearer. That much more a possibility. Onwards dare they go....
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Monday, July 25, 2011
So how did you feel about last night's ep of True Blood? Don't be shy, be honest. Please tell me I'm not the only Negro out there who walked away irritated? Maybe I'm just in a mood lately, but last night the show just worked my damn nerves! Just wasn't feelin' it.
Lord, where to start?
- Lafayette and Jesus. OK these two lately, IMHO, have become really boring. I could watch reruns of Will & Grace and feel more sexual chemistry than I have from Laff and Jeez. I'm sooooooo not believing their relationship this season, AT ALL!!!! Um, have a sex scene or two or three or four or more! Everyone else in Bon Temps makes time for sex dammit. OK? Real gay couples at least touch in a damn while, but never seems to happen in Bon Temps Louisiana. Aw, hell no it don't!
- Jesus' Grandfather. Why the implication his grandfather knocked up some seemingly underage woman? Really???
- I see Tara's on the verge of returning to the whiny, sniveling, "I-can't-handle-life" character again. Oh DEAR JESUS (and not Lafayette's man neither)!!!! OK Tara. Bitch, you a Black woman living in the South. Louisiana. Um, I have it on good authority Southern women are strong and resilient. Shut the fuck up with your complaining, go back to New Orleans and be happy with the life you made with your woman. [Highlight: I am glad you came over to our team this season!]
- Arlene Bellefleur's "You people" comment. I know the shit was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it wasn't funny! I thought Lettie Mae Thorton-Daniels was about to whup her ass.
- Now, speaking of Lettie Mae. I was glad to see you back shug, but seriously? Did you and your new husband, Rev. Daniels, really need to coon it up as bad as you did? That whole scene was just mess.
- The Black Vampire Sheriff. Rounding out my diatribe I was happy to see that HANDSOME brutha who was one of King Bill's sheriffs, but then horribly disappointed when True Blood practically castrated the character. None only did he get debased in front of his peers for his lack of knowledge of vampires being Priests in the Middle Ages but Good King Bill grabs him by the throat, like he was his " whippin' boy." Seriously not cute!!! Why did the black vampire have to look like the idiot and be the example? Whyyyyyyy? I know Bill is the Vampire King, but he didn't get physical with any of the other white and Latino vamps in the room, nor we're any of them portrayed "uneducated" or "naive." This undertone hit hardest with me and if you weren't careful, I'm sure folks missed it. Maybe not. I haven't seen any of my fellow blogger's reactions to last night yet.....
On a side note, I will confess I did enjoy seeing Eric Northman shirtless here and there. Didn't realize how hot he was until this season!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Greetings and Bienvenue! It's Hump day. This week has been amazingly busy at work and the heat has been more than uncomfortable, but I'm still making it. Life has been a bit quirky, but this morning I recounted my blessings and gave thanks where I could. I today I'll try not to let those nasty parts (anger, jealousy, envy, and fear) keep me from doing what needs to be done.
I keep reminding myself I only have two more weeks until vacation. Plus babes, I recently got a promotion at work, so I shouldn't complain. Especially when there are so many yet unemployed in this economy.
Mmm. Vacation. Well, sorta. It'll be a working vacation for the most part. Spending the majority of it at a conference for my part-time job with the financial firm. Again, I'm diving out of my element to better myself. There are days I ask myself What the hell did I get myself into!?!?! Me? I'm usually broke as a joke and I'm trying to teach someone about finances? Oh that's rich indeed! But then I realize most of us have to start from somewhere and event though I live pay check to pay check some months, I'm keeping myself on good ground.
I'm looking forward to time off. I'm staying absolutely focused on my goals. I feel good, encouraged, and well dammit... happy life is finally fallin' into the groove. I have to laugh at what's coming up. I never know what to expect when I head out West, but overall I think spending a few days at the beach will be just what the doctor ordered. Plus I'm hoping to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in a while...always good for fun or at least a lil brotherhood drama. Ha!
So my inspiration for today is to continue to believe in myself, even though there are moments I don't think I'll make it through.
"Oh yes you CAN!"
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
River Song: "They're Americans!"
The Doctor: "Don't shoot.Definitely no shooting!!!"
Bored out of my mind, decided to re-watch all the River Song episodes of Doctor Who. This particular scene cracked me up. Must be the heat. Americans...indeed.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Over the past few weeks I've trying to fix things out of my control. This morning I realize there's a point you have to let go and let the Universe unfold as it intends to do so. My life isn't as bad as I might think. I have pretty good health. God always takes care of my needs. I just get on myself because not all of my wants are satisfied. Well, no where does it say God will give us all our wants. If we truly want something, then its up to us to get it. Yeah, I've been afraid to achieve some of my wants. Some I did go for and was rebuked for, but I shouldn't let that stop me. Life is a constantly changing situation and one never knows what opportunities can develop if one practices enough patience...
It's a brand new month. Time for a better attitude. One filled with plenty of smiles and encouragement. I'm forgetting the woes and clinging to the good I have. Nothing better than that.